Sunday, January 31, 2010

Emily

I'm sorry I haven't posted this before now, but I have just needed a little time. Emily Mulkey passed away this past Wednesday morning, January 27th, 2010. Many of you knew Emily personally and many of you have heard of her story of incredible, undying faith in the ugly face of many, many physical and emotional hardships. She was a precious friend to me and had a great impact on my personal relationship with Christ. She has left a huge hole in many lives, that I know Christ will fill up with Himself as we allow Him to. I love you, sweet Emily. Please be in prayer for all of Emily's family and friends.

Her blog has the complete obituary and the service information posted
http://www.themulkeys-mulkeys.blogspot.com/. On Friday, her friend Emily Tardy let me know that the service on Monday at 2 pm will be available to view via webcast through the website http://www.memorialdesigners.net/. Click on Emily Mulkey under Current Visitations. On Monday a button will be added there that says View Webcast.

The MOMS group will be having Emily's blog printed and bound for her 3 year old daughter, Faith, and possibly for other family members as well. If you would like to contribute, please contact Melanie at
melsharpe79@yahoo.com and you can arrange to get your donation to her either at MOMS on Thursday or sometime before. At some point, Emily Tardy will post on Emily's blog to encourage people to post comments to Faith and Jason and all of Emily's family so that those notes will be included in that bound copy. You may want to go ahead and write out what you'd like to write to them. We'd love for Faith to treasure this and to be able to read these letters of what her mama meant to you and what her mama was like. Also, I had ordered one of our new t-shirts to send to Emily. When it comes in, I'd like for those of you who knew Emily and prayed for her to sign the shirt so that I can give it to her sister Callie. Please pray for all those travelling home from services later this week.

Love you guys,
Carrie:)

No comments:

Post a Comment