Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Week 5 Basics of Christianity: 1 John 2:18-3:10

I. Living in the last hour.
A. The anti-christs. (1 John 2:28-22)
1. Many have appeared.
2. They went out from among us.
3. They weren’t really of us.
4. They lie.
a. Jesus is not the Messiah
b. Deny the Father & Son.
B. The little-Christs.
1. You have an anointing.
2. You know the truth.
3. You confess the Son.
4. You have the Father also.
5. What you heard from the beginning abides in you.
6. You will abide in the Father & Son also.
7. You have eternal life.
8. No need for anyone to teach you.
9. The Holy Spirit teaches you.
10. You abide in Him.
II. The hope of His appearance at His coming. (1 John 2:28-3:3)
A. We have confidence.
B. We are not ashamed.
C. We are born of Him.
D. We are loved by Him.
E. We are his children.
F. The world does not know us or Him.
G. We don’t know what we will be.
H. We will be like Him when He appears.
I. We will see Him as He is.
1. This is the reason for our hope.
2. This is the reason for purity.
III. Testing time for myself. (1 John 3:4-10)
A. Am I Anti-Christ.?
1. Do I practice sin?
2. Do I practice lawlessness?
a. Jesus came to take away sins.
b. In Jesus (Love) there is no sin.
c. No one who habitually sins has seen Jesus or
knows Him.
d. The sinners (lovers-of-self) are born of the devil.
e. Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil.
f. No one who is born of God practices sin.
3. Do I love my family in Christ?
B. Am I a little Christ?
1. Do I abide in Him?
2. Do I practice righteousness?
3. Does the Holy Spirit teach me what is right?
4. Do I love my family in Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment